The Hard Bed™ Mattress
Price as selected
Hard Bed is Certified Hard.
Hard Bed is a revolutionary solution in firm support sleeping and is proudly manufactured in Canada.
Most of us remember back when mattresses used to last a long time. What everyone forgets is that mattresses used to be two-sided. Hard Bed is a symmetrical two-sided mattress that can be rotated and turned just like in the old days. The rigidity and structure of Hard Bed make it super easy to rotate and flip. Simply flip your Hard Bed (which will be easier to do after you've toughened up your back), once every 6 months to maintain firm support for years to come.
Hard Bed is 10” of extra-firm high-resiliency foam. Where are the springs? Not in Hard Bed. When The Mattress & Sleep Company designed the ultimate in firm beds, we knew that it had to be made entirely from foam. Creating an affordable two-sided extra-firm mattress means the type of springs at this price point would simply cause far too many pressure points.
While we believe Hard Bed offers tremendous value for money as a unique offering without comparison in the Canadian market, for those who are still in research mode, we do offer other extremely firm mattresses made from a variety of materials including beds with layers of pocket springs numbering in the tens of thousands, hemp, wool, cotton, horsehair and more.
*Note, not for use on electric adjustable beds.
Buy Securely Online - Free Shipping Across Canada | Warehouses in Alberta & Ontario for Quick Delivery Canada-Wide
(Ships direct to your door in an easy-to-handle cardboard carton, simply unpack and expand the mattress)
The Hard Bed™ Mattress Specifications
- Layers from top to bottom:
- Quilted outer cover with two-tone zips
- 10" Extra-Firm high-resilience foam
- Hard Bed is fully symmetrical and may be turned, flipped, or rotated for use on both the top and bottom
- This old-school way of building a mattress will provide a considerably longer mattress life than modern one-sided mattresses
- Hard Bed is super easy to flip due to the rigidity of the extra-firm foam
- Total height of approximately 10 ¼"
- CertiPUR-US® Certified
- Foam made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
- Easy delivery & setup
- Ships via courier, vacuum-packed and rolled to be compact and easy to move, even in king size!
- Delivered in an eco-friendly recyclable cardboard carton
- Simply unbox, place on your bed frame or the floor, gently cut the inner-plastic wrap and watch your Hard Bed expand, ready for action
- 20-year, non-prorated warranty
- Designed in Edmonton by The Mattress & Sleep Company
- Made in Canada
Q? Hard Bed is too hard. Can I return it?
No. It's called Hard Bed. Sometimes, life is hard. Please do not order this mattress unless you are wanting an extremely firm mattress.
Q? How does Hard Bed arrive?
Hard Bed is conveniently vacuum-compressed and rolled in a manageable carton. We recommend removing Hard Bed from the carton as it's much easier to lift and move out of the packaging. There is a plastic sleeve around the mattress that prevents it from expanding and unrolling. Simply place where you intend to use Hard Bed, and then carefully cut along the plastic sleeve to open Hard Bed up. Our delivery company will do all of this for you if we're delivering in our local Calgary & Edmonton store areas.
Any firm, flat, level surface. So long as your box spring isn't sagging, it will work just fine with your Hard Bed mattress. If you're planning to use this mattress on a platform-style bed simply ensure your platform has sufficient support such as a solid surface or slats no more than 3" apart. Bowed/curved slats are also fine! However, these slats might make your Hard Bed feel a touch softer.
Please do not use your Hard Bed with an electric adjustable bed.
Warranty & Care Instructions
Your Hard Bed mattress is covered by a 20-year prorated limited warranty. The Mattress & Sleep Company's Canadian manufacturing partner will address any covered manufacturer's defect at any time during the first 20 years of Hard Bed ownership.
Please rotate your Hard Bed once every 6 months, and flip it over once per year.