The Hard Bed™ Mattress
Price as selected
Hard Bed is Certified Hard.
Hard Bed is a revolutionary solution in firm support sleeping. Manufactured in the largest, most consistent-quality mattress facility in the world, Hard Bed combines the newest sleep technologies with proven traditional craftsmanship. In fact, Hard Bed is one of the only fully reversible, two-sided mattresses available in Canada.
Your Hard Bed features a layer of 3.4 lb high-resilience (HR) Smart Foam quilted to both the top and bottom fabric panels. Sandwiched between the incredible Smart Foam is an 8" layer of extra-firm foam to provide ever-lasting support.
Everyone knows that mattresses used to last 15 or 20 years. What everyone forgets is that mattresses used to be flippable. This is why Hard Bed has returned to this style. Simply flip your Hard Bed (which will be easier to do after you've toughened up your back), once every 6 months to maintain incredible support for years to come.
Why no springs? When designing the ultimate in firm beds, springs are simply not desirable. An ultra-firm spring unit ends up causing far too many pressure points, whereas our combination of unique high-resilience Smart Foam and an extra-firm support core ensures that excess pressure points are less of a risk.
*Note, not for use on electric adjustable beds.
Limited quantities are available in double size only. Twin, queen and king are sold out. For additional inventory options, please visit The Mattress & Sleep Company.
The Hard Bed™ Mattress Specifications
- Layers from top to bottom:
- Zippered, quilted, removable double jacquard outer cover (top and bottom)
- High-resilience (HR) Smart Foam quilted to top outer cover
- 8" Extra-firm foam core
- High-resilience (HR) Smart Foam quilted to bottom outer cover
- Mattress is fully symmetrical, may be turned, flipped, or rotated for use on both top and bottom
- This old-school way of building a mattress will provide a considerably longer mattress life than modern one-sided mattresses
- Hard Bed is super easy to flip due to the rigidity of the extra-firm foam
- Total height of approximately 9"
- CertiPUR-US® Certified
- Foam made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified
- Easy delivery & setup
- Ships via courier, vacuum-packed and rolled to be compact and easy to move, even in king size!
- Delivered in an eco-friendly recyclable cardboard carton
- Simply unbox, place on your bed frame or the floor, gently cut the inner-plastic wrap and watch your Hard Bed expand, ready for action
- Designed in Alberta by The Mattress & Sleep Company
- 10 year, non-prorated warranty
- Made in China
Any firm, flat, level surface. So long as your box spring isn't sagging, it will work just fine with your Hard Bed mattress. If you're planning to use this mattress on a platform-style bed simply ensure your platform has sufficient support such as a solid surface or slats no more than 3" apart. Bowed/curved slats are also fine! However, these slats might make your Hard Bed feel a touch softer.
Please do not use your Hard Bed with an electric adjustable bed.
Warranty & Care Instructions
Your Hard Bed mattress is covered by a 10 year prorated limited warranty. The Mattress & Sleep Company and Healthcare Co. Ltd. will address any covered manufacturer's defect at any time during the first 10 years of Hard Bed ownership.
Please rotate your Hard Bed once every 6 months, and flip it over once per year. Consider using a St Dormeir Mattress Protector to ensure your Hard Bed stays hygienic for years to come. St Dormeir protectors also provide superior temperature and humidity regulation to ensure you sleep in the optimal climate conditions!